Friday, August 3, 2012

Recipe: Peach Bellini Popsicles

homemade peach bellini popsicle recipe. yum!



I don't know if you've noticed, but I"ve been on an alocholic popsicles binge lately. The word "hot" no longer seems uncomfortable enough to describe this awful feeling like I put on damp hot clothes and can't escape, even inside my own house (where my A/C seems to have given up on this place too). I'm sure walking around naked is an option, but then again...it's really not

So, my answer to this obnoxious summer heat is to come up with delicious frozen treats that contain just enough happy juice to "take the edge off" the sweltering heat while I pretend I have a beautiful ice cold pool that I can float in anytime I want. Won't you join me??


HOMEMADE PEACH BELLINI POPSICLES

INGREDIENTS:
(Makes 6-8 pops) 

• 2 cups sliced peaches (fresh or thawed from frozen)
• 1 cup white wine* 
• 1/4 cup orange juice

• Popsicle molds
• Wooden popsicle sticks


DIRECTIONS:
Peach Bellini Popsicle Recipe - adults only alcoholic popsiclesCombine wine, peaches, and orange juice in a blender and process until smooth. 

Pour the blended mixture into your popsicle molds and place in the freezer for about 1.5 hours uncovered without the sticks or popsicle mold tops. 

Insert the wooden popsicle sticks after the pops have had time to set up a little, so you can place them directly in the center and they will stay upright. Allow to freeze 3-4 more hours.

NOTES:
* I used Pinot Grigio, as that's what I had on hand. You could also use champagne, as that's what traditional bellinis are made with, or another sweet non-sparkling white wine such as Riesling if you want a sweeter popsicle. Mine turned out perfectly for my own taste, as the peaches and orange juice add enough sugar to balance the wine well. 

Peach Bellini Popsicle Recipe - adults only alcoholic popsiclesI prefer using wooden sticks to the plastic handles that come with the molds I use, because they stick better; the plastic ones tend to come out when you're trying to extract the pops from the molds, or if you're swift enough to manage it otherwise, the popsicles fall off halfway through eating. Not good! 

You can use cling film to cover the end of each mold so they're not unprotected in the freezer; just wait until they are completely frozen with the sticks in place, then use the stick to poke a hole in the plastic and wrap tight.



More Like This: 

 

  Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment